This frozen, highly concentrated culture of Oenococcus oeni (ex-Leuconostoc oenos) is capable of inducing malolactic fermentation in red, rosé and white wines. Manufacturer’s notes list tolerance of 13% alcohol and pH of 3.2, but user reports indicate higher alcohol tolerance.
Oeno™ is shipped on dry ice, and must be stored in a non-cycling (NON-frost free) freezer.
- price breaks at 1 case, 3 cases, 12 cases and 36 cases (12 cups/case)
- consolidate your requirement and order in advance for maximum savings
- sold by the case or by the single cup
Must be shipped by next day or 2 day air to all addresses outside of California
- Red wines - 1 cup inoculates 3,000 to 5,000 gallons
- White wines - 1 cup inoculates 500 to 1,500 gallons
- Bioactivation : 48 hours prior to adding to wines